From: Ajay Shekhawat [mailto:ajay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 3:24 PM
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Intel Pro 1000 woes (DHCP)

Do you have a Cisco switch?  I found that it was the culprit in a
similar situation that we had. We had to set the STP on the
ports to 'port-fast'. Here's a snippet from a 'howto' somewhere
on the net:

    Setup 'spanning-tree portfast':
    Without this option, DHCP may fail because it takes too long for a port
    to come online after a machine powers up. Do not set spanning-tree
portfast
    on ports that will connect to other switches. Do the following on each
    port on your switch:
    cisco> conf t
    cisco> int Fa/1
    cisco> spanning-tree portfast