Intel Pro 1000 woes

I have been trying to kickstart a Delll Poweredge 1650 w/ 7.2.  Dell has
seen fit to only include the Intel Pro 1000 GNIC's onboard.  Unfortunately,
neither 7.2 (nor 7.3) boot disks come with the e1000 driver in the
initrd.img.

I have added the module from the base install (no good, Dell reports that
the redhat provided driver is not compatible), the Dell recommended driver
(no good, gets unresolved symbols), and the Intel provided driver (no good,
unresolved symbols).  I have built these modules on a plain vanilla 7.2
system and successfully installed the modules by hand, so I know the modules
are good.  I just don't know why the insmod is failing during the kickstart
process.

Has anyone had any luck (or even tried) kickstarting a server with Pro 1000
interface cards?

- Jay