Re: 7.3 kickstart fails: not enough disk space "/"

Jay Christopherson wrote:
I have seen this thread in a few different places, but so far, no
resolutions.

I am trying to do a plain vanilla kickstart via nfs w/ 7.3.  It hangs every
time right before the package installations with the error message:

"You don't appear to have enough disk space..."  for the "/" filesystem,
needing 792M.
Have tried several different options, including fixing the root disk at well
over 4 gigs, to no avail.

Unlike some of the other posters, I am not mixing 7.2 and 7.3 so I do not
think I have any issues there...

I had this same problem but tracked it down to repeating a package in the %packages section that was already included in Software Development cluster. I played endlessly with the partition stuff which had absolutely no effect but when I cleaned up the %packages section it worked perfectly.

I think the error message is coming from some other side effect of the packages stuff. It is a little confusing.

Chris