Re: user input in the %post section?

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Todd Chilson wrote:

>  I have a Kickstart script that prompts for user input in the %post
>section.  However, I have to ask for user input.  So, it would look
>something like:
>echo "Enter blast host number (1-34, etc.): "
>read BLNUM
>   However, when I enter a number and press enter nothing happens.  The
>other interesting thing is that I have to hit ctrl+alt+f2 in order to
>see the user prompt in the first place.

Have you set the file descriptors at all? I've found the following lines
are necessary at the top of the %post section in order to see stdout.

exec > /dev/console 2>&1	#send stdout and stderr to console
TERM=dumb			#reset terminal to lose staircase effect
reset
clear

I've never tried this for input though, so you might you need to play
around. "ls -l /proc/self/fd > /tmp/kickstart-fd-list" might be a
helpful line.

Cheers,

Phil