Problems finding ks.cfg file on CD-ROM

Here is the situation -

We have a custom RedHat 7.2 (thinned) that we currently kickstart over the network.  We want to now do this using a CD-ROM.  Our target platform doesn't support booting from a CD so we are booting from a floppy and have the custom RedHat and the ks.cfg file on the CD.    When I created the CD I used the following commands

mkisofs -l -R -r -T -v -V'xxx' -o xx.iso .
cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 xx.iso

Notice that I did not load the cdboot.img on to the CD since the CD doesn't need to be bootable.

Here is the syslinux.cfg that is on my floppy

default linux ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg
prompt 0
timeout 600
label linux
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=7168 vga=788
label ks
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=7168

When this runs it accesses the CD drive but apparently doesn't read the ks.cfg file since it starts to prompt for setup parameters.  When I move the ks.cfg file to the floppy (and of course change the syslinux.cfg) it works just file (up to a point which is another problem).  Also, if I use an invalid file name, say ks=cdrom:/ksx.cfg, I get an error stateing that the file is not found, which is what you would expect.

Second problem -

If the ks.cfg file in on the floppy, everything works correctly until it tries to install our company specific rpms.  The lines are as follows:

echo ' Fixing LILO...' >> /dev/console
rpm -i /mnt/source/gravRPMS/liloconf-1.0-grav1.noarch.rpm

# Install JRE & gravmsg last due to
# JRE RPM missing a package order...
echo 'Installing Java Runtime Environment...' >> /dev/console
rpm -i /mnt/source/gravRPMS/jre-1.3.1_02.i386.rpm

I get open failures on the rpm files (File not found).  I know the installer can read the CD since it installs linux onto the platform.  I have verified that the files are there.  I used the Alt-F2 window to verify that the /mnt/source is valid and the files are there.  Does the installer use a different mount point?  Could this problem be related to the first??

Any ideas????

Harry Smith
Senior Software Engineer
Graviton, Inc.