Re: undoubtedly easy question about customizing syslinux.cfg

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >   as a beginning, the wording in the syslinux.doc file seems misleading.
> > that file describes the configuration line
> >
> >   DEFAULT kernel options...
> >
> > as i understand it, the word after "default" is not a kernel, it's simply
> > a label that should match one of the labelled stanzas further down the
> > file, correct?
>
> Yes,but not sure if you can put options on the default line though.
> I always put the options down on the append line.

i agree that putting them on the append line is cleaner, but as i read it,
you can also put them on the "default" line, according to the
/usr/share/doc/syslinux/syslinux.doc file:

DEFAULT kernel options...
        Sets the default command line.  If SYSLINUX boots automatically,
        it will act just as if the entries after DEFAULT had been typed
        in at the "boot:" prompt, except that the option "auto" is
        automatically added, indicating an automatic boot.

  i think i'll stick with adding the extra stanza.  thanks.

rday