Re: Can kickstart be configured to auto-check for dependancies and install them as well?

On 2 Jun 2002, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-06-01 at 12:12, Philip Rowlands wrote:
> > >Is this true? If yes, is there an option in kickstart to do a dependancy
> > >check for all rpms and then auto-install them as well?
> >
> > If there's a way to access Anaconda's dependency resolution routines in
> > kickstart mode, I've never found it. AFAIK, the %package section
> > defines, with the aid of the comps file, all the packages to be
> > installed, and no more (with "Base" included by default).
>
> Not entirely true.  In Red Hat Linux 7.3 and later, you can specify
> '%packages --resolvedeps' instead of just %packages and all of the
> dependencies will be resolved and installed.

and while we're on the topic, there appears to be nothing in ksconfig that
lets you pick one of these options.  oversight?

rday

p.s.  my gawd, if i ever learn python, i'll be able to figure all this out
on my own.