From: Brian K. Jones
To: kickstart-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 5/6/02 1:11 PM
Subject: request for clarification: Redhat 7.3, FTP/iso install?

Hi,

I think I'm tripping on some of the lingo here.  In the FTP section of
the install manual, it shows a picture of the FTP dialog screen where
you can enter the name of the server and the directory containing the
'Redhat files for your architecture'.  Simple 'nuff - been there,
done that.

However, it says on the bottom - in a 'Tip', that:
You can also install Red Hat Linux using ISO images without copying
them into a single tree by loopback mounting them as:
disc1/,disc2/,disc3

What exactly does that mean?
Can someone clarify this a little?  How do you 'loopback mount'
something that's across the network, over FTP?

--
Brian K. Jones
System Administrator