Re: Apply update disk to kickstart image.

On Tue Mar 05 2002 at 11:18, Andy Rabagliati wrote:

> In addition to the method proposed by <m.o.tigchelaar@xxxxxxx>, you can refer to
> Tony Nugents posting at

> Which I have got most of the way through.
> However, I have stalled at this point :-
>
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Tony Nugent wrote:

> > Install the (updated) kernel-BOOT package.
>
> Must this just be installed, or must I be running it too ?

No.  Just have it installed and available for anaconda.  The kernel
the *installer* boots with is the one from the kernel-BOOT package.

  (Sorry if that isn't clear, I'll change that, done).

> > If you don't have the kernel-BOOT package installed, then
> > bootinstall will give lots of complaints about things like missing
> > modules.
>
> I get these (for example) :-
>
> Module dmx319ld not found in kernel rpm
> Module fcal not found in kernel rpm

 [ ... ]

> Module qlogicpti not found in kernel rpm
> Wrote /export/ftp/pub/redhat-7.2/RedHat/base/netstg1.img (6780k)...
>
> I have both a regular and a -BOOT kernel RPM installed.

These don't seem to be fatal errors, only warnings.  It's like the
module names are being read from a config file somewhere, reading a
list of what modules to include into the installer boot image.

> I also get these :-
>
> [root@wizzydc redhat-7.2]# buildinstall --pkgorder /export/ftp/pub/redhat-7.2/pkgorder.txt /export/ftp/pub/redhat-7.2
> Building images...
> Assembling package list...
> Expanding packages...
> retrieving timezones
> Running mkfontdir...
> /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir: failed to create directory in /export/ftp/pub/redhat-7.2/RedHat/instimage/usr/share/fonts/ISO8859-2/*
> rm: cannot remove `/export/ftp/pub/redhat-7.2/RedHat/instimage/usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir': No such file or directory
> Scrubbing trees... /export/ftp/pub/redhat-7.2/image-templateusr/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1 is not a symbolic link
> Scrubbing trees... /export/ftp/pub/redhat-7.2/RedHat/instimageusr/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libbz2.so.1 is not a symbolic link

I've seen that too.  It doesn't seem to be fatal, the resulting
installer works just fine with the X gui installer.  Well, it does
for me :)

> It is not a symlink - but making it one does not help ..
>
> That directory (for the mkfontdir) does not exist - creating it does not help ..
>
> Ideas ?

Ignore it?  :)

> Cheers,    Andy!

If you had dependency problems within the binary packages, you'd get
fatal errors.  Unfortunately, the errors don't seem to be useful in
identifying that as the problem, but when it happened to me, finding
and fixing it then allowed the buildinstall to run to completion
with a workable result.

But if the warnings can go away, I'd like to know how to do it! :-)

Cheers
Tony