Setting hostname in /etc/sysconfig/network on install

Hi,

Used to be that the value in /etc/sysconfig/network for the HOSTNAME
line was just the machine name.  Lately, I'm seeing the FQ hostname
in there, and I'd like to have the old format back, so I'm tossing
around ideas on how I can get that into the file instead of what's
there by default.  Has something changed since, say, RH 7.0 that
causes this?  I'm pretty sure those (also kickstarted) machines just
had the short hostname by default.

Thanks
--

Brian K. Jones