RE: SW RAID5 & Kickstart on RH 7.2

> > > 71 and 72, but
> > > CDROM based
> > >
> > > i don't know if it could help, but perhaps you are trying to
> > > install a
> > > rh72 with a boot floppy from rh71
> >
> > I considered that, but I triple checked things and even
> made a fresh boot
> > floppy, but no dice.  I'm going to try the floppy with an
> unaltered install
> > tree today to see if I mucked something up there--something tells me
> > building a 2.4.9 boot floppy and updating packages, but not
> updating the
> > stage one and two images broke something.
>
> Sure it breaks stuff if you change the kernel you boot with. There are
> plenty of kernel modules in the stage 1 and/or 2 (don't remember for
> sure & can't check right now) images which need to match the kernel
> you're booting with.

Yeap, and I pretty much figured out that was it.  I don't really see an
advantage for me to boot with a different kernel than the stock, so I just
modified the original boot floppies to include the aacraid and megaraid
drivers like I need and went back to those rather than updating the whole
floppies.  All seems to work now.
Thanks!

Brian