Re: Problem with NFS kickstart install, booting off of cdrom

D'oh.. Nevermind on this, the error was stupid.. I should have made it --dir=/export/ instead of /export/RedHat/

I'm trying to setup a 7.2 kickstart so I can install several dozen VA 1220 (1U) servers.. and if you're familiar with these servers, you'll know they have no floppy. My thought was to just use the normal redhat 7.2 disc 1 as a boot image, then run linux ks and retrieve the ks.cfg file from dhcp, which it does fine. My problem is, even though I have
a line that says
nfs --server=IP_ADDR --dir=/export/RedHat

The server, after retrieving the ks.cfg, tries to install from the cdrom as the source instead of the nfs server, which renders the whole process useless. Any thoughts here? Is this a limitation with kickstart, or is this
something I'm doing wrong?

Last I checked the rh cdroms don't have network capabilities.

what type of nics do they have? If they have bootproms and support pxe
booting I'd suggest getting them from there.

-sv