Re: checking dependencies w/i a tree

> seth vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>  Lets say I have a tree full of rpms - like the RedHat/RPMS directory
> and  I want to check that those files completely resolve their own
> dependencies - meaning that the tree is complete - is there a good way
> to do that - a "well known" way?

Not exactly well know, but resonably documented:
Create a new DB for rpm somewhere and test against that.

mkdir /tmp/rpmdb
rpm --initdb --dbpath /tmp/rpmdb
rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm

You migh need to create the Name, Providename, Conflictname,
and Basenames files with touch. I don't have
a set of rpms handy to test with. What I do have
reports the missing files in the rpmdb and
then lists failed dependencies, but it should
since it's not the full package set.

	-Thomas