RE: kickstarting a dual boot system

> I have a system which already has windows installed on it. It
> uses partition 1
> as windows c:, partition 2 is extended, and partition 5 is a
> logical partition
> for windows d:. To make life more interesting c: is NTFS,
> while D: is vfat (so
> that I can share data between windows and linux).
>
> So I want to tell kickstart to create and use only partitions
> 6 and greater.
> Could I use something like the following:
>
> part /windows/c --noformat --fstype vfat  --size 1 --onpart hda1
> part /windows/d --noformat --fstype vfat  --size 1 --onpart hda5
> part / --fstype ext3  --size 2000
> part /usr/src  --fstype ext3  --size 1000
> part /usr/local  --fstype ext3  --size 1000
> part /home  --fstype ext3  --size 1 --grow
>
> Will anaconda try to mount /windows/c as a vfat filesystem,
> and consequently
> either die or complain? The latter I can live with.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Why do you put the /windows/c there at all?  If it is ntfs, you won't be
able to mount it without some hacking, so why not leave it off?  You could
also add an entry in the %post section to add an entry in /etc/fstab for the
vfat entry(ies).  That way you don't have to put them in the partitioning
table.

I don't think that you can force anaconda to use only logical partitions.
It also looks like you forgot the swap partition.

Forrest