questions about splitdistro

  ok, on to splitdistro, and the same kind of trivial question:
what do you have to set up first, how do you call it, and what is
the eventual result?

  given that i'm frantically learning python as we speak, i can see
that the primary purpose of splitdistro is to break up a directory
of RPMS into disc1 and dics2 directories, and do the same with
a SRPMS directory.

  however, at the top of that script, there is a hard-coded limit
of 650M per directory, with a fudge factor of 1.2M, so that the
resulting directories will fit on a CD.

  but install CD 1 is a special case, given that it's full of
dosutils, images and the installer files.  how is this taken
into account?  i don't see anything in that script that deals
with this but, as i said, i'm just learning python so maybe
i'm missing it.

  anyone have a 10-line summary of splitdistro logistics they
care to share?  how to prepare the directories for it, invocation
syntax, the end result?  really brief, the code will let me take
it from there.

rday