RE: simple buildinstall question

>   now that i'm going to figure out how buildinstall works, one really
> trivial question -- what's it for?  i've already figured out what
> splitdistro is all about, but what's the purpose of buildinstall,
> in ten words or less?  thanks.  this is getting more complicated by
> the minute.
>
> rday

How do you use splitdistro?  I copied both discs to /rh72.  I figured out
that I needed to move this to the `arch` directory, so I created a
/rh72/i386 directory and moved everything there.  I then tried ./splitdistro
/rh72 i386, but it gets an error opening the fileorder file, and it cannot
find the SRPMS directory.  Because I do not want to recreate the SRPM CDs, I
just made the empty directories:
mkdir -p /rh72/SRPMS/SRPMS

and I created an empty fileorder file:
touch /rh72/fileorder

Now I run ./splitdistro --fileorder /rh72/fileorder /rh72 i386
and it will put all of the rpms in disc1.  I assume that is because the
fileorder file is blank.  Does anyone have a fileorder file, or know the
syntax?

Thanks,

Forrest