RE: thoughts on kickstart, again :-))))

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, btopenworld wrote:

> My personnal opinion though is out of all of the automagic
> installers for different OS's out there kickstart stands up
> well, and in many instances is streets ahead.

I'll say amen to that.

We currently have representatives from a company that has recently
resolved a few public legal issues here showing off their unattended
installer, and they're crowing about getting their product installed
on a server in "a little over 30 minutes".

The RH 7.2 kickstart gets the OS on the box and the server configured
for deployment in the data center in a little under 15.

And the web server on RH doesn't have an exploit of the week feature,
either.

--
Kelley Spoon                                        Main: 210-892-4000
Rackspace Managed Hosting                            Fax: 210-892-4329