Re: Weird 6.2 update problems

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 04:22:25PM -0800, Will Francis wrote:

> I have a kickstart server that is setup for Red Hat 6.2.
> I need to have it installing the latest update kernel
> for 6.2, 2.2.19.
>
> I got the update kernel RPM, and the other dependant
> rpms to install it:
>
> db3
> rpm-4
> mount
> nfs-utils

Check out these links

http://www.imsb.au.dk/~mok/linux/doc/RedHat-CD.html

For merging updates/regenerating hdlist

For the newer files/updates you also need to rebuild them as rpm 3
packages

http://www.tigress.co.uk/rmy/rh62/rpmhack.html

Which I found after trying to update the installer, etc as welWhich I
found after trying to update the installer, etc as well

And this to upgrade to rpm 4 after install

http://www.execpc.com/~bgkuhn/linux/upgrade_to_rpm_4.html

> It seems that these RPMs are not being installed
> correctly, likely due to the fact they are version 4 RPMS.
> Is there a way to get Anaconda for 6.2 to install these
> newer RPMS? Would updating rpm on the kickstart server
> itself to v 4.x rpm help at all?

I think you should install 3.0.5 IIRC

Paul

--
"we apologise for any inconvenience" - God's Last Message to His Creation
Courtesy of Douglas Adams