RE: Weird 6.2 update problems

> I have a kickstart server that is setup for Red Hat 6.2.
> I need to have it installing the latest update kernel
> for 6.2, 2.2.19.
>
> I got the update kernel RPM, and the other dependant
> rpms to install it:
>
> db3
> rpm-4
> mount
> nfs-utils
>
> So, in my kickstart directory, I replaced those RPMS
> (well, db3 didn't exist) and all the various kernel*
> (except kernelcfg) rpms with the updates from Red Hat.
> I ran genhdlist and attempted to reinstall some
> machines.
>
> It seems that these RPMs are not being installed
> correctly, likely due to the fact they are version 4 RPMS.
> Is there a way to get Anaconda for 6.2 to install these
> newer RPMS? Would updating rpm on the kickstart server
> itself to v 4.x rpm help at all?
>
> Thanks muchly,
>
> Will

For installs/upgrades of RH 6.2, you cannot get any packages which came out
after the rpm-4 came out.  That means that you must use kernel-2.2.17 or
less.  I have heard of people using Redhat 7.x anaconda to get the updated
packages, and I think that there was some discussion of it within the past
week, but I cannot find it right now.  You may be able to check the archives
and see if you can find it.

Forrest