Re: Remote kickstart from harddrive

Eric DOUTRELEAU wrote:

> >Eric Doutreleau wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Bret Hughes wrote:
> >>
> >> image=/boot/vmlinuz.kick
> >>         label=kick
> >>         read-only
> >>         initrd=/boot/initrd.img.kick
> >>
> >> append="ks=nfs:installtux.int-evry.fr:/var/ftp/pub/ks/elaphe/ks.cfg"
> >>

> >Thanks Eric that is exactly what I was hoping for but better.  Does this
> >append statement do what I think it does, namely get the kicKstart config
> >file of an nfs server?  I had no idea that was possible but it makes sense
> >since I am doing a nfs install anyway.
>
> Exactly.
> here how it s proceed
> first there s a dhcp request to get temporary network information.
> then it have all the information to mount the directory from the nfs server
> then u have to have a working dhcp server on your network

Eric thanks again.  This worked perfectly.  I installed 28 machines, replacing
a RH7.1 xfs install that was having strange kswapd issues with our app, with
the stock 7.1 using ext2 in less than 4 hours on a 100MB NIC without ever
touching the machines.  I could have automated a few more things but I ran our
of time to dink with it.

Bret