RE: Partitioning a 2nd hard drive

This brings up a question...

since you can specify onboot when setting up partitions, what about doing
shell commands in %pre.  In other words, grep through /proc to see if
there is more than one ide or scsi disk.  and then if there is only one
disk, use partition scheme A, or if there are more than one disk, use
partition scheme B.

And if that isnt a current capability, do any of you think that would be a
useful thing to have (i.e. would be worth a RFC)??