anaconda & creating new kickstart options

Being new to Python, I have a quick question about how to
do this. Specifically, I am attempting to create a --badblock
option for the part command. However, our previous 2 attempt
have failed.

Right, now we do this:

	    elif str == "--badblock":
		fstab.setBadBlockCheck(1)

This is in kickstart.py, around lines 600-630 (if looking
at the /usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py installed by anaconda-7.1-5
on RH 7.1).

When anaconda tries to execute this dring a kickstart, we
get an AttributeError, which I can't find documented anywhere
on python.org, but I'd love to make this section of code work
more like the other elif statements by setting an appropriate
variable, which is tested in another class and the proper
setBadBlockCheck call is then made from there. But this code
is so densely OO that I can't find the exact section of fstab.py
(presumably) where this is handled.

Can anyone please provide some guidance/documentation/advice
on how to handle this?

Thanks in advance! Peace!

Claude Johnson
Network Scientist