Setting timeout for Pump on kickstart

Pump is timing out when it tries to make a DHCP request during the RH 7.1
install.  The DHCP server is there and it works, and we proved this by
manually continuing the install process and selecting DHCP as the install
type; however, we need to alter the timeout for pump to over 30 seconds
because spanning tree is enabled on our network routers.  It therefore takes
up to thirty seconds for the client to get back a DHCP answer. We have tried
throwing a /etc/pump.conf on the initrd.img but it did not seem to take it.
The only options we think are left is modifying the loader source or the
/sbin/init source.  The modification we're thinking about is a simple sleep
command. Anyone have any pointers?

Specifics:
	Client Compaq DL360
	Red Hat 7.1

Thanks,

Larry

Lawrence Mulligan                            (email) lpm@xxxxxxxxx
Engineer, Digex                              (W) 240-456-3051

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
"Those who do not understand UNIX are condemned to reinvent it, poorly"