Looking for advise, how to work remotely...

Hello,

I suspect that my problem has been seen before, so I'm curious how
others have dealt with it.

We will need to install linux on many machines in multiple data
centers, and would very much like to do it remotely.

I plan to configure everything to use the serial port, so I believe
I'll be able to control the installs remotely.  However, there's the
matter of removing that pesky boot floppy.

I saw something in the syslinux documentation that (sort of) implied
that I might be able to configure syslinux to boot off a kernel on a
hard drive, so I could setup a "continue" label that says (go boot off
the linux kernel on /dev/hd0a)

I'm wondering if anyone can provide guidance on getting syslinux to
boot a linux kernel using a .BS file, or if anyone has other ideas
about how to solve this remote installation issue.

Again, thanks for your time, and your help...
--
Jim Barbour ---	Staff Engineer, Systems Programmer/Administrator
Office:	858-651-2616		"Standing next to me in this lonely crowd