RE: New features to kickstart

At 14:06 20-09-2001 -0700, you wrote:
My solution to package selection during kickstart is to modify comps file.

I have taken many packages out of  base group to keep an absolutely minimum
base group, defined new groups of my own.  As long as all RPM packages
referenced in comps file are original RPMS on CD's,  you don't have to run
genhdlist  utility to regenerate a new hdlist file.  Now I only have to
specify one of my own groups in %package section (along with a minimum base
group installed automatically):

@ My Server
@ My Desktop

and so on.

Yiping

Can you remove every package from the Base-section, or are there packages really mandatory in the Base-section??

Koos.