Re: RFF: Mail Services configuration

--- Olrik Just <Just@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear all,

> Somebody will ask:
> "Why you do not perform this i the '%post' section ?
> You mount a file system
> from
> an NFS Server and copy the needed files!!"
> Yes, this is right. But it is not very comfortable
> and cannot be adapted from
> the
> user. He will not be able to create a %post section
> and in time there is no way
> to import a pre-defined kickstart configuration
> (including %post) into
> 'ksconfig'.
> In our network, some of the hosts have a local root,
> others will be
> adminstered by a central System Administration. So
> some needs an mail alias
> 'root somebody' and others not. In this case you
> have to distinguish two type of
> systems during the install.
> I thing it is an advantage to provide the chance to
> do this in the install
> process.
> But please read my ideas.

The user picks the type of sendmail configuration
when the user installs the machine, right?  And the
user doesn't know a lot about kickstart, or sendmail,
right?  And there are 3 types of hosts, and therefore
3 types of sendmail configurations, right?

I'm going to assume the answers are "yes, yes, and
yes."

Given these assumptions, you can do what you need
by modifying syslinux.cfg and boot.msg in the boot.img
which boots each machine.  You modify the boot.img
by mounting it using loopback.  The procedure has
been posted several times on this list.  See, for
example:

Anyway, provide 3 install stanzas in syslinux.cfg,
and corresponding messages in boot.msg.  Depending
on which type of install the user wants to perform,
he or she picks one of the options from syslinux.
That option includes a reference to one of 3
kickstart files which has a %post which configures
sendmail correctly for that type of installation.
Put the 3 kickstart files in a place where each
machine can access them, such as the CD-ROM boot
media, or the NFS filesystem which each machine
access with an over-the-network boot.

--Seth