Re: Name service

CJ> That seems to be the only hole I can find. I do not have a name server
CJ> running on the Kickstart/PXE/NFS server, Maybe I should?

You need name service somewhere if you're going to do any references by
hostname.

CJ> Does anyone know if failure to perform DNS lookups would break
CJ> Kickstart (which, if so, is utterly retarded)?

Well, I know that the machine wants to do a reverse lookup on its IP
address in order to configure its hostname.  And if you specify the
location of any resources (like the kickstart file) by hostname then of
course you're going to need a resolver somewhere.  There's no reason to
have it running on the actual kickstart server, though.

 - J<