RE: Modem configuration

First of all, you are not going to get much response on this list.  Try the
Redhat-ppp-list here:
or you can find the specific version that you are using and ask on that
list.

As for your question, which dialing program are you using?  If you use
wvdial, read `man wvdial`.  You can add init strings to the /etc/wvdial.conf
file just like you did in Windows.  It even gives this example which is
close to the one that you need:

init2 = AT S11=50

Try reading the man page, and if you have questions, subscribe to another
list and ask there.

Forrest