RE: 7.1 Kickstart mouse problem

Yes, someone is getting your messages... ;o)
I believe that anaconda does probe for the mouse, especially if you setup X
Windows.  Have you tried the skipx option, and set it up afterwards?  What
version of Redhat are you kickstarting?  I've noticed that newer versions
seem to contain less support for older (read serial) mice.  I believe that X
is setup very last, so if you write an RPM it will be installed before X
Windows is set up.  The post section is, of course, run after everything
else, so you could try something there.  Running mouseconfig --kickstart
will probe for a mouse and run Xconfigurator non-interactively.  Perhaps it
is not finding anything?  Is your mouse really on COM4--when it is setup,
what does /dev/mouse point to?  Perhaps you could put it on COM1 and see if
that probes better (I assume you cannot, or you would have put it there in
the first place).

Forrest