Re: How to force SMP kernel install?

You can probably just add the SMP kernel to the package list, something like this:

%packages
@ Base
@ Networked Workstation
@ Network Management Workstation
@ Kernel Development
@ Development
@ Utilities
kernel-smp

You'll also need to modify the lilo.conf, most likely.

I used to do a kernel install during my post-install stuff, which works as well (along with editing the lilo.conf and rerunning lilo). But that was before I figured out how to munge new RPMs into the CD image.

Martin Lichtin wrote:

I have a uniprocessor system during kickstart install,
but later, a 2nd CPU is added.
So, how can I configure kickstart to install the SMP kernel,
even though there's only one CPU installed when it runs?

thanks for a hint,
martin

                                  --
                     Joe Cooper <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>