Re: >really< hands-off install

At 09:54 18-06-2001 -0700, you wrote:
Hi, all --

I'm back again.  I still have problems trying to kickstart from the hard
drive instead of from a floppy.  Let's see if I can summarize what I've
done so far...

Following Forrest's instructions, I opened up initrd.img and copied in
my ks.cfg file and zipped it back up again.  I copied that, my bootnet
vmlinuz kernel, and the syslinux.cfg file over into /boot.  My lilo.conf
entry looks like

  image=/boot/vmlinuz-kickstart
          label=kick
          initrd=/boot/initrd.img-kickstart
          read-only
          root=/dev/sda1

add:
append="ks=file:/ks.cfg console=ttyS0,9600n8"
to your lilo.conf and forget about the syslinux, you don't need it

and my syslinux file looks like

  default kick
  label kick
    kernel vmlinuz-kickstart
append ks=file:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img-kickstart.gz console=ttyS0,9600n8

but it doesn't really make sense to me how syslinux comes into play or
how the system knows to look to the ks.cfg file.

Koos