Re: Firewall problems, kickstart - RH 7.1

> I'm trying to install our RedHat clients by using a custom
> kick-start script.
> <snip>
> > BUT STILL... the clients are UNABLE to mount using NFS and are
> > also unable to ypbind to the NIS server..

It sounds like you've got RH 7.1 so you can use iptables instead of
ipchains and add rpc connection tracking.  You'll have to patch your
kernel so you might as well get the latest kernel source, get the
latest netfilter patches and iptables from one of:

http://netfilter.samba.org/
http://netfilter.gnumonks.org/
http://netfilter.filewatcher.org/

Then use patch-o-matic to add the rpc connection tracking capability
(and any other patches you fancy) to the kernel.  Build and install
the kernel and insert your iptables rules.

This is a lot more work than you planned I'm sure but it's the only
way to get effective firewall security while allowing NIS and NFS.

Ian