Re: RH7.1 Post Install Kernel

As near as I have been able to figure out, anaconda
detects the hardware on which it is loading, and
looks for rpms of kernels which it can load, and
determines the most advanced kernel it can use and
loads it.  The distribution CD contains several
rpm's with pre-compiled kernels which anaconda can
choose from.

I _think_ that the way to make those rpm's is to
unpack the kernel source rpm, run rpm -ba on it, and
look for the completed rpm's in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS.
I tried this with the 2.4.2 kernel source rpm from
RH 7.1, and it seemed to work.  Except, it only made
386 kernels, not 586 or 686.  (The source kernel
rpm I started with was kernel-2.4.2-2.src.rpm from
the RH 7.1 source CD.)

Yes, I know, I can look through the kernel source
spec file and find the answer, but does anyone know
how to get that spec file to also build 586 or 686
kernels?

Thanks,

--Seth
sethal@xxxxxxxxx