RE: RH7.1 Post Install Kernel

Get the kernel.src.rpm for whatever kernel you want.  Change the config
files that are installed with the src.rpm (probably in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES).  You can just cp your modified file to the name of
the kernel config that you want (probably kernel-*.i386.config).  Then go to
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS and modify the kernel.spec file as you see fit.  Run
rpm -bb kernel.spec and take a break for a few hours.  At the end, it will
say "Wrote /usr/src/redahat/RPMS/i386/kernel*.rpm"  Remove the kernel-*.rpm
files on your NFS kickstart server, and replace them with the ones you just
built.  Do a kickstart install, and it will then use that modified kernel to
boot.

Forrest