RE: a bunch of newbie questions.

Thanks for your reply, see inline comments/question:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

> > Pardon me if these questions have been asked already.
> >
> > I can easily get around all of these problems by cleaning up
> > in %post, but
> > I'd rather not have to:
> >
> > 1.  How do I stop the installer from installing a whole crap load of
> > packages I DID NOT specify?  Like sendmail, kernel-pcmcia, perl,
> > linuxconf....
>

> Look in the RedHat/base/comps file on your medium.  That specifies which
> files will be installed.  There are several headers (like GNOME, Printer,
> KDE, etc.) which you can specify that will add certain packages.  The first
> list (Base) will be put on every system that you install.

I was under the ?mistaken? impression that the packages I have listed in
my ks.cfg file would be the ones that are install.  You are saying this
isn't true?

> > 2.  How do I tell the installer that I want my interface to be
> > ONBOOT="yes"?
>

> I'm not sure what it is that you want here...

currently inside of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
ONBOOT="no" which means the interface isn't "up"ed on boot.

> > 3.  I rolled my own iso using the redhat install cd.  I
> > removed all the
> > RPMS that I won't be installing.  Will this cause me problems?
>

> After you add or remove programs (or change the comps file) you must run
> genhdlist on the directory, before you make the iso/burn the cd.

I will keep this in mind, which package is genhdlist from?

Thanks!

Paul