RE: a bunch of newbie questions.

> Pardon me if these questions have been asked already.
>
> I can easily get around all of these problems by cleaning up
> in %post, but
> I'd rather not have to:
>
> 1.  How do I stop the installer from installing a whole crap load of
> packages I DID NOT specify?  Like sendmail, kernel-pcmcia, perl,
> linuxconf....

Look in the RedHat/base/comps file on your medium.  That specifies which
files will be installed.  There are several headers (like GNOME, Printer,
KDE, etc.) which you can specify that will add certain packages.  The first
list (Base) will be put on every system that you install.

> 2.  How do I tell the installer that I want my interface to be
> ONBOOT="yes"?

I'm not sure what it is that you want here...

> 3.  I rolled my own iso using the redhat install cd.  I
> removed all the
> RPMS that I won't be installing.  Will this cause me problems?

After you add or remove programs (or change the comps file) you must run
genhdlist on the directory, before you make the iso/burn the cd.