Neighbour table overflow issues

I have managed to get the kickstart installation to work on this particular
machine after much grief.
The final solution was to change out the Adaptec 2940 SCSI adapter.

This allowed the install to work but does not answer the neighbour table
overflow question. I have started watching kickstart installations on other
machines in this test lab and I see this message semi-frequently. Usually
the installation continues successfully after a few of those messages. My
guess is that there is some kind of network traffic or slow router / gateway
issues that are causing some kind of time out or race condition during the
installation.

Perplexing...