Getting started with kickstart help

I'm trying to get started with kickstart on RH7.0.  I've read the relevant
sections in the RH7.0 reference guide, searched DEJA, searched the
kickstart-list archives at Redhat, searched the redhat-list at moongroup
(thanks Chuck !).  There are a couple of questions / problems that I am
having:

1)  I've setup dhcpd.conf with the following: (and restarted dhcpd)

group {
   filename "/U1/kickstart/ks.cfg";
   next-server 192.168.1.1;
   server-identifier 192.168.1.1;

   host ncd2 { hardware ethernet 00:a0:24:ea:05; }
}

When I boot from my kickstart boot diskette (created from RH7.0 respin
bootnet.img), I get "Error opening kickstart file /tmp/ks.cfg: no such file
or directory".  If I go to alt-F3, I can see the following:

sending dhcp request through device eth0
nodns is 0
reverse name lookup worked
bootp: no bootfile received
ks server: 192.168.1.3:/kickstart file: 192.168.1.104-kickstart

>From the RH reference guide, this seems like the dhcp server is not sending
the information in the 'group' section of the dhcpd.conf. Therefore, the
dhcp server (192.168.1.3) is where the install is looking for
192.168.1.104-kickstart.

What have I missed here ?

2) I've seen references in the kickstart-list archives about making a
bootable CD and using it rather than the bootable floppy as it would be
faster.  However I've not yet found how to go about making a bootable CD
that looks like the floppy.

Thanks for any help or pointers to more information,
Mike