After func integration, cert autosigning works, but func "*" ping doesn't

Hi,

I have been testing the latest cobbler 2.2.2 and func 0.28 using two KVM guests running Scentific Linux 6.2 on a Ubuntu 11.10 64bit host.

Following the func integration documented at https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/InstallAndSetupGuide, I quickly got everything done.

On the overlord node, sl0:

[root@sl0 ~]# certmaster-ca --list
sl0
sl1

So, the autosigning works.

root@sl0 ~]# cat /etc/certmaster/minion.conf
# configuration for minions

[main]
certmaster = sl0
certmaster_port = 51235
log_level = DEBUG
cert_dir = /etc/pki/certmaster

As far as I can tell, the above is correct.

[root@sl0 ~]# service funcd status
funcd (pid  1574) is running...

So, the funcd daemon is up.

On the minion node, sl1:

[root@sl1 ~]# cat /etc/certmaster/minion.conf
[main]
certmaster = sl0
certmaster_port = 51235
log_level = DEBUG
cert_dir = /etc/pki/certmaster

This is done by cobbler/kickstart, so it's the same.

[root@sl1 ~]# service funcd status
funcd (pid  1557) is running...

The funcd daemon is up too.

iptables and selinux are both disabled on sl0 and sl1.

Yet, on the overlord node, sl0, a simple:

[root@sl0 ~]# func '*' list_minions
ERROR: Can't find any minions matching "*".

[root@sl0 ~]# func '*' ping
[root@sl0 ~]#

yielded no output either.

I stopped funcd on the minion sl1, and run it in foreground, and tried the following:

[root@sl0 ~]# func sl1 call hardware info
ERROR: Can't find any minions matching "sl1".
[root@sl1 ~]# service funcd stop
Stopping func daemon:                                      [  OK  ]
[root@sl1 ~]# funcd
serving...

It seems that nothing was sent from sl0, the overlord, to sl1, the minion? What's going on here?

I double-checked everything, and compared to what I did twice previously on two clusters, I don't spot anything that I have done differently this time.  The only difference is that on these two clusters, I am still running cobbler 2.0.11.

Now I am out of ideas to try.  Would appreciate any hint.

Regards,

Zack