Re: Func 0.27 + Puppet

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 14:29, Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-04-26, Norvell, Preston <Preston.Norvell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Reading through it, I have a couple comments:
>> - I have found no need to modify anything in /etc/certmaster on either the overlords or minions
>
> I use the EPEL packages, and they have certmaster=certmaster in
> /etc/certmaster/minion.conf, and then the minions fails to start.

If you have certmaster resolvable in the local search domain then
there is nothing to edit.  if you don't then, yes, you need to set the
certmaster setting to a valid dns/ip entry

>> - Depending on where you get your RPM (I get mine currently from
>> RPMForge), it may want to install/run certmaster by default.  It should
>> be disabled.
>
> Oh.. I hadn´t noticed. Thanks!
>
> IMHO that´s a bug in the packaging... skvidal ?

The init script has to have the appropriate settings in it, such as
the default start and stop levels that are present.  Otherwise they
wouldn't be compliant, and if you run a reset or on on the service it
wouldn't be put in the appropriate run levels.  That being said...
maybe we should add and then disable certmaster on installation right
now.  However, there was a discussion the other day about trying to
make func and certmaster play nicer on the minions.  I'll be posting
it up as soon as I get some time on the home PC where its stored for
me to use as a reference.

-greg