Re: Func connections failing

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 14:17 -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:

> I hope you get more time to refine func, I think it is great stuff, I
> know that ovirt is moving to matahari, and I have had issues with func
> scaling to handle the number of minions I have right now in one of my
> bigger deployments. But I don't like the matahari architecture as
> much. I am working on a func-like project right now called salt that
> uses zeromq, but I have not had the cycles to give it the love that it
> needs.

what scale problems have you seen? I'm running func on about 145 boxes
and it does pretty well if you bump the number of forks for your
processes.

As far as the amqp-based mechanisms. I think they're great. My biggest
concern is as amqp is used by lots of non-administrative apps (like web
apps, etc) that you'll start running into the problem of your
administrative apps wanting a specific instance/version/kind that will
conflict with what your developers or user-facing apps want.

I'm working on making func easier to setup with even less fuss for
specific tasks.

-sv