Re: Func connections failing

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 14:05 -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 2:00 PM, seth vidal
> <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>         On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 17:00 -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
>         > I have been using func for years to manage my systems, but
>         today,
>         > while standing up a new environment I ran into this problem.
>         The func
>         > daemons and the certmaster all start up, and all the certs
>         are made
>         > and distributed.
>         > But every time I try to connect via func from the master to
>         a minion
>         > th eminion throws this error:
>         >
>         >
>         > ----------------------------------------
>         > Exception happened during processing of request from
>         ('10.23.0.3',
>         > 42188)
>         > Traceback (most recent call last):
>         >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 558, in
>         > process_request
>         >     self.shutdown_request(request)
>         >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 459, in
>         > shutdown_request
>         >     request.shutdown(socket.SHUT_WR)
>         >   File
>         "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certmaster/SSLConnection.py",
>         > line 54, in shutdown
>         >     self.__dict__["conn"].shutdown()
>         > Error: []
>         > ----------------------------------------
>         >
>         >
>         > And the connection fails
>         >
>         >
>         > I am running the latest func, func --version returns 0.26
>         >
>         >
>         > Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Or
>         suggestions
>         > on how to find out more information?
>         >

>         this is python 2.7, right? Some changes just got committed
>         which help
>         python 2.7 issues. Can you try those?
>
>         I'm sorry it took so long to reply.
>
>         -sv
>

> Hey seth! finally they got committed eh? I have patched Arch Linux
> func package to include a patch for this, I am assuming it is the same
> issue?
>

> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/func/func/python_27.patch
>

> And yes, I will be happy to test it out, I will roll an Arch package
> from it for testing, I will probably get to it tomorrow.

Thomas,
 Yes it finally happened. I got the round tuits and got something
together to do a proper test to make sure nothing else had broken.

I'm sorry for the long wait - things got busy but they MIGHT get
better. :)

Your patch is much the same but there was one other one needed to
certmaster/SSLConnection.py which Felix sent in. That makes it work,
too.

-sv