Re: Security

Thursday 28 January 2010 12:31:46 Simone Sciarrati tarihinde şunları yazmıştı:
> Hi guys,
Hi

> I have been using cobbler/func for a while now and I am finding it a great
> tool. Unfortunately I have to manage my servers in an insecure environment
> so I am trying to understand better how the communication between the
> overlord and the minions works and how secure it is. Ideally I would like
> to have a password protected private certificate on the overlord but it
> doesn't seem to work (tried creating the certificate manually and then
> manually signnig the minion certificate requests, it all works but func
> commands fail).

I'm not sure about that opiton .

> I have read and understood
> https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/FuncSslDetailsbut this does not
> explain how the communication works when I invoke func,
> anyone willing to spare some details on this?

As far as i know, on every request from overlord to minion there is a cert
checking process. Minion checks if the overlord has signed its certificate,and
all that happens over ssl.Therefore it should be safe as far as you keep your
certs safe :) Am i right ?