Security

Hi guys,

I have been using cobbler/func for a while now and I am finding it a great tool. Unfortunately I have to manage my servers in an insecure environment so I am trying to understand better how the communication between the overlord and the minions works and how secure it is. Ideally I would like to have a password protected private certificate on the overlord but it doesn't seem to work (tried creating the certificate manually and then manually signnig the minion certificate requests, it all works but func commands fail).

I have read and understood https://fedorahosted.org/func/wiki/FuncSslDetails but this does not explain how the communication works when I invoke func, anyone willing to spare some details on this?

Thanks

Simone