Re: Someone stole my idea

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> makkalot@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> FuncWeb is definitely a neat idea.   If you're interested in adding to it,
> Arthur, I think it could have an interesting future.

I would be quite interested, most of my actual experience is in web
development (I'm trying to increase my other development experience)

> As for the "no software installed/SSH" thing, no, Func is designed to /not/
> require SSH key deployment, as that is actually somewhat /easier/ to deploy
> than SSH in many instances.

I see, I understand. I will be playing with it soon.

> It's not really a problem when you deploy your machines originally such that
> they have Func installed from day 1, and we have some instructions
> for using Cobbler to do this up at http://fedorahosted.org/cobbler.

Cool

> I suspect the Windows port may be challenging, but as long as the crypto
> libraries still are available and some of the things that deal with paths
> can be sufficiently abstracted

Just to be clear, the only part that I am interested in having work on
other platforms is the controller. And based on what I have read so
far, it seems like it would end up being just a desktop version of
Func Web. I am not clear as to if a desktop version would have any
benefits except for familiarity, if that at all.

> and coded around, it should be possible.    We have talked about making the
> modules smart enough to know how to do things a bit differently on different
> platforms.
>
> Take a look if you like...

Will do.

--