Re: Getting error when I use service module with diffrent users

Sudhakarraju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

When I try to start and stop my Tomcat servers with Func it fails.

################### WARNING #####################
Cannot be executed as another user but "tomuser"

Func is running as root and  Tomcat is running as tomcatuser(tomuser).

If I start the Func as tomcat user then I can't start and stop Apache server (Apache I needs to run under root using port 80)

Please help me how to use service module  for different users.

Thanks in Advance

Sudhakar Raju

If I'm interpreting this correctly, tomcat is complaining because you are stopping the service as a root user?

If the tomcat service cannot be stopped by a non-root user this is a bug in the tomcat service init script, not func. This would cause all sorts of problems elsewhere.

Services should not do explict user id checks, and I'm suprised to see that message in there.

--Michael