Funcd and yum-updatesd address conflicts

Hi

We're using func to manage our desktop estate of CentOS 5.2 / RHEL 5.2
machines. However, I've been seeing issues where the entire estate will
stop responding after the weekend, and funcd is no longer running. When
you log in to one of the boxes manually and try to start func, you get
python errors about address in use, and netstat shows the address being
used by yum-updatesd.

I believe this is happening when the funcd log rotates happen and for
some reason this then causes an address conflict with yum-updatesd with
the result that funcd cannot restart.  Stopping yum-updatesd then allows
you to start funcd, at which point you can restart yum-updatesd. Has
anyone else seen this or know of a solution ? I could patch the funcd
logrotate scripts to stop and start yum-updatesd but I'd rather not as
this will not be easy to manage with updates.

Matt