Re: Func Globbing

esimmonds wrote:

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mdehaan@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

      Does fnmatch meet your needs as above?

Fnmatch probably won't quite work, but I appreciate you clarifying it for me. My examples weren't great. We often have to specify a range of servers like "srvr{561-905}", which would be hard to do using fnmatch, I think.

Exactly, I didn't grok "shell expansion" when you said it. We've also considered supporting full regular expressions though that doesn't quite do it either.

Thanks to both you and Adrian Likins for responding so positively.

Best,

Edward Simmonds