Re: Added minion module for (basic) Bridge management

Michael DeHaan wrote:

Can you make sure you add docs to the Wiki for all the new modules you create? This way people can see what modules are available and how to use it.
Will do, probably later this week.

If you don't have a Fedora account yet (you need one to edit the Wiki) you can get one rather quickly at https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

I am a little unclear on the Xen stuff mentioned above as libvirt already creates some bridges and it seems we would rather want to go through libvirt for this than something Xen specific, but those comments are just based on the function name. Maybe it's not Xen specific?

I can't be sure to be honest, I don't know how KVM handles it's networking. In the context I'm using this, I'm dynamically creating VLANs, and creating bridges from them on my Xen servers and maybe I should name the method differently. It's basically a shortcut and does three things, create a bridge, add an interface to it and set the mac addresses so traffic can flow freely through those interfaces. This is similar to the behaviour of Xen's network-bridge script, hence the name. I could use something like create_promisc_bridge_from_interface, but that's rather long. Maybe you've got any suggestions?

Also minor style note -- underscores between words, and not abbreviating would improve usability a good bit and make things easier to remember, especially for non-native English speakers.

add_xen_bridge
add_interface
etc
Ok, will submit a patch for that later on. :)

Jasper