Re: Added minion module for (basic) Bridge management

Jasper Capel wrote:
Hi,

I started working on a Func module for bridge management. Currently, it works on EL5 and implements the following methods:

list() - Lists bridges
addbr(bridge) - Adds new bridge
delbr(bridge) - Deletes bridge (will need some nice error checking in the future)
addif(brname, ifname) - Adds ifname to bridge brname
delif(brname, ifname) - Deletes ifname from brname
addxenbr(brname, ifname) - Creates brname, adds interface ifname to it, sets the right mac address and sets all interfaces connected to the created bridge to up (basically what network-bridge in the xen scripts does I guess, but without changing names or transferring addresses).
upbr(brname) - Marks bridge brname and all interfaces connected to it up
downbr(brname) - Marks bridge brname and all interfaces connected to it down.

I set up a git repo you can pull changes from, this stuff is in the branch "bridge" (I'm new to git, is this the way to go?).
git://bender.newnewyork.nl/func
https://bender.newnewyork.nl/git/gitweb.cgi?p=func/.git;a=commit;h=18238c2f5c7dee39053f0040225a64a6fbe7497b

Kind regards,

Jasper Capel
Stone-IT

Can you make sure you add docs to the Wiki for all the new modules you create? This way people can see what modules are available and how to use it. If you don't have a Fedora account yet (you need one to edit the Wiki) you can get one rather quickly at https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts

I am a little unclear on the Xen stuff mentioned above as libvirt already creates some bridges and it seems we would rather want to go through libvirt for this than something Xen specific, but those comments are just based on the function name. Maybe it's not Xen specific?

Also minor style note -- underscores between words, and not abbreviating would improve usability a good bit and make things easier to remember, especially for non-native English speakers.

add_xen_bridge
add_interface
etc

Thanks!